Despite the madness of Fashion Week, I never get tired of creating makeup looks to go with a new season collection. I always love working on Julien Macdonald’s show because nobody does glitz and glamour quite like him. While I’m known for being the ‘master of nudes’ and my pared-back, natural makeup, Julien’s show is always a great chance to create a more dramatic, glamorous party look – and the Julien Macdonald SS20 look is no exception. This season, I used Suqqu products and Spectrum brushes backstage to create a gorgeous, soft brown smoky eye. Want to try it for yourself at home? Read my breakdown of the look, below.
Julien Macdonald SS20 Makeup Look
- Suqqu Mascara in Black on the lashes
- Suqqu brown gel eyeliner pencil on the tip and lower lash line, blended with Spectrum A07 Brush.
- Suqqu dark cream eyeshadow stick along the lash line and socket, blended with Spectrum A18 Brush.
- Set cream shadow with Suqqu brown eyeshadow shade 06 from yoibeni palette, using Spectrum A08 Brush
- Mix of bottom two brown shadows in 01 Yuushakuyaku Palette on lower lash with Spectrum B06 Brush.
- Gel eyeliner pencil in 01 black in the lower and upper water line
- Intensify lower lash with a dark brown shadow
- Contour stick to sculpt cheekbones, forehead and nose. Cream blush on apples of cheeks, blend with Spectrum A20 Brush
- Apply a light layer of medium coverage foundation all over the face with Spectrum A03 Brush.
- Bronzer side of Suqqu 11 pure colour blush to set contour with Spectrum D04 Brush.
- Blush apples of cheeks with Spectrum A05 Brush using Suqqu 11 pure colour blush to set cream blush.
- Suqqu Moisture Rich Lipstick in 01 applied to middle of the lips then blurred out with Spectrum A16 Brush.
Shout out to the other artists who worked this show, Ken Paves who created the major hair, styling by Karl Plewka and, of course, Julien Macdonald, who was joined in the studio for this collection by Gabriela Gonzalez.
READ NEXT: Julien Macdonald SS19 | Best Concealers | AW19 Beauty Trends
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.