It was such a pleasure to be a guest on the Grazia Beauty Life Lessons podcast, where I had the opportunity to share my expertise as a makeup artist, bestselling author and beauty expert. You can listen to the episode in full here, to hear us discuss topics including how I ensure my red-carpet clients like Victoria Beckham, Cara Delevingne and Sienna Miller keep their makeup perfect all night long, the benefits of finding the right skincare, my thoughts on TikTok makeup artists, and my take on tweakments. As a preview, here are a few of the makeup tips that I share on the episode.
Wendy Rowe X Grazia Beauty Life Lessons Makeup Tips
Top Makeup Tips
- As you age, don’t use so much makeup because it will make you look even older! This is because your eyelids will start to drop and too much makeup will make your eyes look smaller.
- With great skin, it’s about evening your skin tone, not applying too much product. You can only get away with applying a lot of makeup when you’ve got good skin. Start with a light base and conceal in the areas that you need to.
- Always use waterproof mascara because if it drops it looks a mess. Use a lighter one that applies a defining coat. Use an oil-based remover to make sure you can get it off again! Use eyeliner in the upper water-line because it gives definition without too much intensity.
Red Carpet Makeup Secrets
- We will think about what time of night the events are, what the red carpet will be like, everything! It’s not as easy as just doing the makeup and sending them out.
- I will also create them a little kit to top up on the way if they need to. It will usually have a loose powder, eye drops, a concealer, a lipstick, an eyebrow brush. Then they’re good to go!
Have a listen to the episode to find out which skincare and makeup products are an absolute must for me, which ones I’ve been using for years, and the techniques that you should avoid at all costs!
I also talk about my thoughts on the latest tweakment trends, including why I’ve been going off Botox…
Thanks for having me Grazia!
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.