When it comes to Festive parties, there are no rules! Dust off your sequinned party dress, own that red lip – you can even add a bit of glitter to your party makeup; anything goes – it’s time to have fun (even if this year’s parties look a little different to usual!).
Whether you want to try a red lip or you prefer to rock a smokey eye – or you’re going for both, here are my favourite products to create gorgeous party looks:
One thing is for sure – your skin needs to look amazing! If you struggle with your skin during winter, then be sure to check out my post about Winter Skin for some tips.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
- 111 Skin Bio Cellulose Facial Treatment Mask – Pop this in the fridge for a refreshing sensation; this mask is great for pre- or post- party to hydrate and firm the skin.
- Sarah Chapman Hydrating Booster – Just a small amount of this booster will help to hydrate even the driest patches of dehydrated skin before makeup
- Fresh Lip Scrub – Get rid of any dry skin on the lips using this scrub followed by a good balm for super soft, kissable lips – especially if you’re going to attempt a statement lip this season
- Burberry Contour Pen – Use the Contour Pen to define and sculpt the face – you can use it down the nose, to add volume to the lips, around the eye, along the jawline and to enhance cheekbones – it’s amazing!
- Burberry Sheer Concealer – Apply concealer to brighten and perfect any dark circles under the eyes, any areas of redness and to add in highlight down the nose and on the top of the cheekbones for a flawless complexion
- Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation – This creates a smooth, even skin tone while giving your complexion a subtle glow.
Burberry Military Red is a beautiful red. You can’t go wrong with this red and the texture of the kisses lipstick is long wearing but has a flattering dewy finish to it. You should also check out my collection of perfect reds for La Bouche Rouge; my Pop Art Red is perfect for party season!
Tom Ford Lips & Boys has a lip shade to suit everyone and I love the Bradley shade for a nude lip. It’s a feminine dusty-pink which works really well if you want to create a more muted party look or if you’re focusing on eyes.
Red Lip Liner:
Mac’s iconic Ruby Woo shade is a cult classic, perfect for creating a precise red lip look. The texture of the lip pencil is really long wearing so you don’t have to worry about it coming off every time you eat or drink something.
If you prefer a more understated lip, but still fancy trying a red shade, then Kaejr Weis’ natural products are great – especially their Lip Tints. Try their Passionate shade for a more softer, more subtle take on a red lip.
Chanel Le Rouge:
Chanel’s Le Rouge Velvet lipstick in 58 Rouge Vie is a long wearing matte lipstick in a deep, wine red shade. It’s a great, modern alternative if you want to try a statement lip in an alternative shade to a classic red. It’s also a great shade for darker skintones.
Nude Lip Liner:
Kevyn Aucoin do great nude lip liners and their lip liner in Minimal is perfect for perfecting the shape of the lips if you are going for a nude lip. Blend the liner in using a brush and apply your lipstick over the top for a perfected, long lasting finish.
Pat McGrath Labs – Phantom Gold Pigment – I love this intense gold pigment from Pat McGrath, it’s perfect for dabbing into the centre of the eyelid with a finger to complete a statement party eye look or try mixing the shadow with a mixing medium to create an intense gold cream texture.
Charlotte Tilbury – The Golden Goddess Palette contains 4 flattering shades in a nude gold, taupe and warm brown shades with a fourth shade, a copper coloured pressed glitter that you can apply with a finger to add extra sparkle if the mood takes you!
Milk Makeup Longwear Gel Eyeliner in Bonus is perfect for taking your look from day to night. The formula is highly pigmented and has a creamy, blendable consistency; perfect for creating an intense, long lasting smokey eye.
Suqqu – I came across this mascara recently and really like it. The wand is easy to apply and really coats the lashes to add definition and length, but without looking cloggy or flaking. Perfect for the party season.
Burberry’s Cat Eye Liner is the perfect liquid liner for creating party looks; it’s super easy to use and has a shaping shadow on the other end to create smoky eyes.
RMS Swift Shadow – If you’re going to try a statement lip, I always think it looks best with loads of mascara, great skin and not much else. RMS’ Swift Shadow can be applied either wet or dry depending on the desired intensity, and I think the brown shade in Tempting Touch is a great shade. Use it wet at the roots of the lashes as a liner and dry over the rest of the eyelid for a subtle and sophisticated eye look.
- Burberry’s Fresh Glow is one of my all time must haves. I use this on the face, décolletage, legs, arms – all over wherever the skin is going to be on show to create a gorgeous glow.
- Highlight – I’m not usually much of a fan of highlighters, but this one from Ilia is subtle and not obvious looking. This Festive set also comes with a flattering lip gloss for anyone wanting to add a dewy highlight to the lips too.
- Lashes: Artemes Lost Innocence – The party season is as good a time as any to try a pair of lashes and I think Artemes’ range is one of the best out there. Try their Lost Innocence lashes for soft, feathery fullness. They are slightly winged at the outer corners which will help to give the illusion of a bigger, more feline eye shape.
- Blush – Bobbi Brown New Pretty Coral – If you’re trying a bold lip or your skin is a bit paler in winter, it might help to add a pop of colour on the cheeks to finish your look. Bobbi Brown’s New Pretty Coral is a fresh, natural looking shade and works well on lots of different skin tones.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.