Over the years I’ve had such great fun collaborating on Sienna Miller’s Met Gala looks with her, and this year was no exception! The theme for this year’s Met Gala was ‘Camp: Notes of Fashion’ and Sienna, along with her stylist Kate Young, chose a stunning Paco Rabanne chainmail gown. The inspiration for her makeup look was a mix of 60’s-inspired with a Bowie glam rock edge linked to a 40’s film starlet: all these references are ultra-camp. It was a difficult call to do a red carpet look encompassing ‘camp’ without it looking too drag inspired!
Speaking about the dress Sienna’s stylist Kate told Vogue: “It’s got a real David-Bowie-Ziggy-Stardust energy. But at the same time, it reminds me of 1940s movie star portraits, because of the silhouette. Drag queens would often reference these classic, yet wildly lit Hollywood photographs for their stage outfits. I love this retro yet futuristic element of a wholly glamorous look.”
Want to recreate Sienna Miller’s Met Gala 2019 makeup look at home? Well you can! I used only Max Factor products for the look, which I’ve listed below so you can give it a go.
Sienna Miller Met Gala 2019 Look: Makeup List
- Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation in warm almond and beige to get Sienna’s perfect shade match.
- Max Factor Radiant Lift Concealer in Medium under the eyes and Light to highlight the bridge of the nose, forehead and chin.
- Max Factor Crème Puff Powder in Translucent to set the under eyes and take away shine.
- Max Factor Masterpiece Nude Palette, 2nd shade 02 Golden Nudes on the inner corner of the eyes, 4th shade on the middle of the eyelid, 6th shade mixed with 7th shade in the master palette Rose Nudes blended into the crease and lower lash.
- Max Factor Masterpiece Nude Palette 8th shade of the master palette 02 Golden Nudes on the upper and lower outer corner.
- Max Factor Colour X-Pert Eyeliner in deep black on the upper lash line and used to create lower lashes.
- Max Factor Kohl Pencil in natural gaze in the waterline.
- Max Factor 2000 Calories Mascara in black on lashes.
CHEEKS & CONTOUR
- Max Factor Miracle Contouring Kit under cheek bones, nose and temples to contour and sculpt.
- Max Factor Crème Puff Blush in seductive Pink on the apples of the cheeks.
- Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in Brown ‘n Nude.
- Max Factor Lipfinity Velvet Matte in Luxe Nude.