When it comes to Festive parties, there are no rules! Dust off your sequinned party dress, own that red lip – you can even add a bit of glitter to your party makeup; anything goes – it’s time to have fun.
Whether you want to try a red lip or you prefer to rock a smokey eye – or you’re going for both, here are my favourite products to create gorgeous party looks:
Burberry Military Red is the ultimate red! You can’t go wrong with this red and the texture of the kisses lipstick is long wearing but has a flattering dewy finish to it. I love the Limited Edition Festive packaging in gold for a glamorous touch ups.
Tom Ford Lips & Boys has a lip shade to suit everyone and I love the Bradley shade for a nude lip. It’s a feminine dusty-pink which works really well if you want to create a more muted party look or if you’re focusing on eyes.
Red Lip Liner:
Mac’s iconic Ruby Woo shade is a cult classic, perfect for creating a precise red lip look. The texture of the lip pencil is really long wearing so you don’t have to worry about it coming off every time you eat or drink something.
If you prefer a more understated lip, but still fancy trying a red shade, then Kaejr Weis’ natural products are great – especially their Lip Tints. Try their Passionate shade for a more softer, more subtle take on a red lip.
Chanel Le Rouge:
Chanel’s Le Rouge Velvet lipstick in 58 Rouge Vie is a long wearing matte lipstick in a deep, wine red shade. It’s a great, modern alternative if you want to try a statement lip in an alternative shade to a classic red. It’s also a great shade for darker skintones.
Nude Lip Liner:
Pat McGrath Labs – Phantom Gold Pigment – I love this intense gold pigment from Pat McGrath, it’s perfect for dabbing into the centre of the eyelid with a finger to complete a statement party eye look or try mixing the shadow with a mixing medium to create an intense gold cream texture.
Charlotte Tilbury – The Golden Goddess Palette contains 4 flattering shades in a nude gold, taupe and warm brown shades with a fourth shade, a copper coloured pressed glitter that you can apply with a finger to add extra sparkle if the mood takes you!
Chantecaille’s 24 hour waterproof eyeliner in Nutmeg is perfect for taking your look from day to night. The formula is highly pigmented and has a creamy, blendable consistency; perfect for creating an intense, long lasting smokey eye.
Suqqu – I came across this mascara recently and really like it. The wand is easy to apply and really coats the lashes to add definition and length, but without looking cloggy or flaking. Perfect for the party season.
Dior’s Diorliner is a great long wear liquid liner for defining the eye at the roots of the lashes or creating a winged liner look. The pen is easy to apply and once it’s in place, it won’t move around.
- Burberry’s Fresh Glow is one of my all time must haves. I use this on the face, décolletage, legs, arms – all over wherever the skin is going to be on show to create a gorgeous glow.
- Highlight – I’m not usually much of a fan of highlighters, but this one from Ilia is subtle and not obvious looking. This Festive set also comes with a flattering lip gloss for anyone wanting to add a dewy highlight to the lips too.
- Lashes: Artemes Lost Innocence – The party season is as good a time as any to try a pair of lashes and I think Artemes’ range is one of the best out there. Try their Lost Innocence lashes for soft, feathery fullness. They are slightly winged at the outer corners which will help to give the illusion of a bigger, more feline eye shape.
- Burberry – Gold Glitter No. 01 – Still a big trend off the back of the SS 16 Runway, glitter was made for Festive parties! Make sure not to be too precise with your application, it should look like it’s fallen naturally onto the face to keep it looking cool.
- Blush – Bobbi Brown New Pretty Coral – If you’re trying a bold lip or your skin is a bit paler in winter, it might help to add a pop of colour on the cheeks to finish your look. Bobbi Brown’s New Pretty Coral is a fresh, natural looking shade and works well on lots of different skin tones.