Metallic liner continues to be one of this season’s biggest makeup trends, with many stars opting for shimmering or wet-look eyeliner on this year’s Met Gala red carpet. The look has also been big on the runways, with ice blue metal spotted at Osman and Lanvin SS22. A touch of metallic liner in the inner corner of the eye can really brighten your look, while substituting a light bronze metallic liner for your usual liquid black for your daily cat eye can really soften the look and give you a summer glow. Shimmer and sparkle are always a great shout for parties, so if you find the perfect wet-look or shimmering eyeliner you can swap out your usual kohl and get ready to shine. Ready to give it a go at home? Check out my pick of the best metallic liners to add to your kit.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Best Metallic Liners To Try Now
- CHANEL | Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner
- DOLCE & GABBANA | Dolce& Gabbana Eyeliner Pencil
- NARS | High-Pigment Longwear Eyeliner
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY | Matte & Metallic Double Ended Eyeliner
- WUNDER2 | Super-Stay Liner
- CHANTECAILLE | Les Perles Metallic Eye Liner
- NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP | Epic Wear Metallic Liquid Liner Silver Metal
- Use a cotton bud and some Bioderma to straighten up any smudges for a precision finish.
- Add a sweep of shimmering bronze, copper, or gold shadow over the lids to enhance your golden lined eyes.
- If you’re using a lighter shade than usual on your eyes, don’t be afraid to go bigger than you would with a black liner, to make sure you make an impact.
- A liquid liner is best for creating statement lines and flicks, but a soft and smudgy metallic kohl or cream liner is a great option for an off-duty touch of shine.
- Use your finger to smudge into the inner corner of your eye and use a lighter shade for the lower lash line.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.