If you’re off to a festival this summer, you’re probably starting to think about what sort of fun, festival look you’re going to try out – and maybe also how you’re going to stay at least semi- clean and fresh!
Fresh Faced Glow Look
- Fresh Glow Fluid in Golden Radiance – this is a total must for a festival if you’re going for that dewy, healthy look with braids, a tan and some cut off denim shorts. Fresh Glow instantly makes you look like you’ve just had a facial and it’s a great multi-tasker because you can use it on both your body and face.
- Glossier Cloud Paint – comes in a handy pocket sized tube, apply onto your cheeks and lips for a natural, dewy looking pop of colour, perfect for creating a radiant beauty look even when you’re tired and worse for wear.
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Glastonberry Lipstick is a flattering berry shade, named after the famous Glastonbury festival. Great for darker skin tones, or for amping up your daytime look to take you through to the evening.
- Burberry BB cream – I’m a massive fan of BB creams, but nothing beats the Burberry one in my book. It comes in a handy tube, perfect for travelling with, and has the perfect formula to create super natural, gorgeous looking skin. Pump into your hand and apply like you would your moisturiser, working it into the face and down the neck
Rock Chick Look
Glitter is the perfect way to create instant rock and roll cool, if applied in the right way. Just scatter the glitter using a flat brush onto dewy skin and let it fall organically – check out my tips here to find out exactly how to wear it – you don’t need to worry about getting it perfect, the more naturally it falls onto the skin, the cooler it looks.
Any self respecting Rock Chick knows how to do an eyeliner. It should look a bit worn in and smudgey, so you don’t need to worry about getting it perfect; it’s the sort of thing you could do really simply in the back of a tent. I love the Burberry Blendable Kohl in Jet Black, or Kevyn Aucoin’s The Eye Pencil Primatif in Black – just apply it around the lash line and smudge in with a finger until it has a worn in feel to it.
A great nude lip shade is an essential for a rock and roll look. Try Max Factor’s Velvet Matte Lipstick in Rose 20 if you suit more of a pinky nude shade, or Beauty Pie do a great shade called Cowboy Nude which is a more brown-y nude shade. For dark skintones, try Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lipstick in Lychee Parfait.
Creative Festival Look
Using stick on gems, and accessories is a really easy, fun way to transform your look for a festival. I carry lots of things in my professional kit that I’ve picked up over the years from craft shops, art supply stores and all sorts of sequins, glitters and golf leaf sheets, but you can buy some great ready done options too.
Try Lionette stickers. You can either apply them just as they come, or cut them up to make your own, customisable.
Duo adhesive is great to stick on any sequins, gems or interesting things that you find at a craft store – you can get all sorts of things.
If you want to be creative with colour on the face and body, then try Mac Paint Sticks – they’re a great multi use product and comes in a great range of bright colours.
Tried and Tested
Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara is a staple for me, I’ve used it for years and I always know it wont smudge, budge or drop – it’s perfect for Festival Season, whether its warm or wet weather.
- Decleor Aurabsolu Refreshing Mist is great for re-hydrating and freshening up the skin, it also contains essential oils that smell amazing too.
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes are the best wipes out there for not drying out the skin – they’re so handy to have available when you need to clean up mud and festival grime in a hurry.
- Jao hand sanitiser is a great natural option for keeping your hands fresh and sanitised when you’re on the go. I always have it in my set bag when I work. The Jao sanitiser is much more natural and less harsh than some of the sanitisers out there.
- Berocca is amazing for a quick pick me up if you’ve over indulged.
- Make sure to have some sun cream on you – even if it’s not sunny, you’re outside all the time and you need to protect your skin. Try La Roche Posay’s new mist spray.
- Klorane dry shampoo is a must have for a festival – it’s super natural and gives your hair an ultimate turnaround.
- Byredo Hair Shampoo is great to pop into your bag to keep your hair smelling amazing – as you move around and dance, it lets off a little fragrance.